The Environmental Impact Of Waste Tire

- Jan 19, 2017-

In modern industrial developments and advances in polymer synthesis method under the guidance of rubber products are widely applied in the various areas of thenational economy. With the development of automobile industry, increasing demand for tires and other rubber products, and at the same time, produced a sharp increase in the number of waste tires. The accumulation of large amounts of waste tires not only occupied land, pollute the environment and harm people's health, andcan easily cause fires, resulting in a significant waste of resources, is a growing danger of "black." And the handling of scrap tires has become a very urgent environmental problems and social problems. Especially with the development of industries such as automobile manufacturing, transportation, rubber tire products to the fast development. In 2005, the national tyre production reaches 318.2 million, with an annual output exceeded the 300 million mark, after the United States and Japan to become the world's third largest tire producer [l]. China is the world's first rubber consumer, annual production capacity of tires more than 400 million. According to the statistics released by the China Association of automobile manufacturers showed production and sales both exceeded 18 million vehicles in China in 2010, anincrease of 32.44% and 32.37%[2]. But at the same time domestic also generates hundreds of thousands of tons a year of waste rubber, of which about 94% are thermoset, Thermoplastic Elastomer products accounted for the remaining 6% and thermoset rubber products, tires is the main part.

Waste tire is non-consumable or refractory polymer elastomer, high elasticity, hightoughness does not produce any change in the 50-150 c, has a very strong heat-resistant, resistant to biological, mechanical, and degradation, not natural extinctionfor decades to explain, is "stubborn". In other areas, with the development of rubber industry, tire wear resistance and corrosion resistance is also getting higher and higher, makes the biodegradation of waste tires in nature is essentially "immune". Massive worn out tires long open place not only occupied a large area of land,and after the rain, mosquito, transmitted diseases, rubber will be buried into the ground and pollute underground water, the destruction of the soil structure, the grain-production 30%. In addition, easy to fire. History of many countries such as United States, Canada, China, have been tarnished by waste tire caused by fire received a great deal of loss [3]. Therefore, with the waste tire accumulate, its recovery will be an environmental problem that must be confronted. Also, find a new way of waste tire recycling is also the corner